NOTE: Gappers should still try out for their age group (15U/2008) during tryouts, so they can be placed in a team.
What is the Gapper Program?
With the birth year change a few years ago, it has created a “gap” in the Fall for the younger 15Us in the age group. The younger players that are still in Middle School do not have the opportunity to play High School Soccer, and there is no club 15U League for them to play in during the Fall.
Twin Cities Soccer League (TCSL) has recognized this gap and has allowed these younger 15Us to play club soccer during the Fall Season. So now, we are able to offer these options this Fall:
Training Option ($75) – Train 2x a week
Training & Tournament – If there are enough Gappers, we will form their own training group (2x a week) and look at Fall Tournaments options- ($75 + Tournament Fees)
Note: Training and Playing with a 14U Team is no longer an option as the 14U teams are fully rostered for the Fall.
Who are Considered Gappers?
You have to meet the criteria below in order to be part of the Gapper Program in the Fall:
- 2008 Birth Year
- Signed up/going to sign up for the 2022/23 Season at EPSC
- Will be in 8th Grade starting in August 2022
- Players will be placed based on ability and roster sizes.
- This is FALL SEASON ONLY. Players will return to their 15U Team after the completion of the Fall Season.
- You cannot play High School Soccer and train and/or play as a Gapper, this is only for players who are not playing high school soccer.
- You need to have accepted your position within a team at EPSC for the 2022/23 Season to be able to participate.