Who Are We?
- Eden Prairie Soccer Club (EPSC) offers a holistic soccer experience with programs for ages pre-K through 19 and cater to all levels from beginner to advanced
Is EPSC a competitive soccer program?
- Yes, we are widely known for our quality programming and a very respected Youth Soccer Club
How much travel is involved and to where?
- EPSC is part of TCSL (Twin Cities Soccer League) and play within the Twin Cities area with the younger teams playing in the surrounding suburbs typically.
- Half of the games are hosted in EP
What is the earliest age my child can play for EPSC?
- Players may join EPSC through Soccer Shots at age 4/5 and at EPSC Club Development Program at age 5/6
- Teams form at 8/9u and older for actual Competitive play.
My child wants to play competitive soccer, where do I start?
- You can join almost any time of the year! Contact us [email protected]
- For players who wish to join for the fall season, we will hold Try-Us-Outs starting in July for 8U and older.
- We will hold Supplemental Tryouts in February for new 9U-12U players wanting to join for the Summer season. For players U13 and above, please check the EPSC website for further information on the dates and locations of the summer tryout sessions, or email [email protected] if interested
What are the costs?
Club fees for the 2021-22 season:
Included in this fee are:
- Registration and league fees for Twin Cities Soccer League (TCSL) or Minnesota Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) (summer U9-U19 and fall U9-U14), US Youth Soccer (USYS), and US Club Soccer (USCS)
- Licensed Coaching
- Paid tournament registration for Spring Kickoff Tournament (U8-U12) or Prairie Cup Tournament (U13-U19)
- EPSC Summer Camp
- EPSC Futsal program
- Referee fees
- MYSA State Tournament entry fee (for qualifying teams)
- Coaching education and licensure
- Equipment (goals, nets, training equipment, etc.)
- Use of city outdoor fields and facilities and EPHS fields
- Coach fee for U9-U10 (Club paid)
- Administrative costs (salaries, fees, rent, supplies, services, etc.)
Are there any additional fees?
Player uniforms and additional tournament fees are not included in the fee.
- Must be purchased separately through Eurosport (soccer.com), the official supplier of uniforms for EPSC. All players must purchase the basic kit currently consisting of two match jerseys, one training top, one pair of shorts, and one pair of socks. Warm-ups, backpacks, and other pieces are also available for purchase. For more information on uniforms, please visit the “Uniforms” page under the “Our Members” tab on the Club website.
Additional Team Fees
- Tournament Fees – Individual teams decide on which tournaments to participate in. Tournament fees are split by all players on the team.
Does EPSC have a financial aid program for its players?
- Yes. EPSC policy is that no player should be denied the opportunity to play soccer due to financial hardship. Financial Aid applications are due by August 15th. Click here to view the EPSC Financial Aid Policy and get an application.
What are the playing seasons?
Our soccer year starts in the fall and runs through the following summer but players may opt out of Fall season and still play on a competitive team.
- Fall Season starts with practices in late August. Fall season games begin the weekend after Labor Day and run until mid-October. Fall games are played on the weekends with practices being held two evenings during the week.
- Summer Season starts with practices mid-April. Summer games start the beginning of May and run until mid-July. Starting at U11, teams may qualify for the TCSL or MYSA state tournament that runs until the end of July. Summer season games are during the weeknights as set by TCSL or MYSA. Click here to see the MYSA playing night chart for the summer season for U15-U18 teams. Teams will play approximately 3 weekend tournaments in the summer.
Is there training in the winter?
- EPSC offers Optional winter training programs at the EPHS Prairie Dome and for more competitive teams Winter is a part of their program 12u and older (top team in age group)
- Winter 1 Nov-Dec
- Winter 2 Jan-Mar
Who coaches the teams?
- The U8 – U10 years are critical years in a player’s development. To ensure that all players at these age groups learn the core skills necessary for enjoyment and success, EPSC believes it is necessary to have a cadre of highly skilled professional, licensed coaches capable of implementing the Club’s training curriculum uniformly across all teams within these age groups. EPSC will continue to use qualified parent volunteer coaches when available. EPSC carefully screens coaches to make sure we have the right people for the right team. Our coaches have to do annual background checks through MYSA or TCSL in order to be eligible to coach our players. EPSC reimburses our coaches for their licenses that are part of a national curriculum.
Who pays for the professional coaches?
- EPSC pays a stipend to our 8-10U coaches. At the older ages (U11 and up), we may employ high-level coaches who are paid a fee that is mutually agreed upon with the coach and club. Paid coach fees for teams from U11 through U19 are included in the basic registration fee.
Does EPSC employ full time staff?
- Yes, EPSC has full-time and Part Time employees, an Administrator, Executive Director as well as Technical Directors and Staff Trainers who work across the ages to implement the EPSC Player Development Curriculum.
Do we pay extra for this and do other Minnesota soccer clubs have staff?
- These costs are built in to the registration fees and yes, most other competitive clubs employ paid administrators and Staff to run their organization.
How good of a competitive program is EPSC?
- EPSC is widely considered one of the top soccer clubs in Minnesota and throughout the Midwest. EPSC is a very forward thinking Club and leads the way in player development.
How substantial is the commitment level?
- See Program Info on home page but generally at the younger ages we have 2-3 contacts per week once the players are in team play at 8/9u and older. EPSC understands children are busy and may have other sports so we work with that.
Can we request to be on the same team as our friends?
- We accept 1 friend request in our Club Development Teams 8-10U
If I have additional questions, whom should I contact?
All Current Schedule and Fees are on the following Registration Page